Our E-assist system is designed to provide extra power when pedaling alone in not enough.
Whether carrying Pedicab passengers or heavy warehouse loads, the Coaster E-assist was developed to handle a variety of situations.
Designed for adjustability, with three main power settings available: Economy – up to 500w, Legal – ~500w – 750w, and off road – 750w – 165w and higher.
charger. Order a second battery and charger for an additional $650.
E-assist motor can't be purchased without the purchase of a Coaster model .
- 48v battery available for custom orders
- Brushless DC gear motor w/ ½” output shaft and heavy duty, free wheel
- Street compliant, programmable and lockable from 250w – 750w
- Work site capabilities of 1650w – 3000w (when properly programmed and equipped)
- 40A controller capable
- Waterproof, pushbutton power switch to disable system
- No unplugging from battery needed
- Lithium Ion 48v/14Ah lockable, hard case, down tube style battery
- Includes 2.5 amp charger
- Power status indicator and lighted display
- Theft proof, keyed battery lock
- Torque sensing bottom bracket
- Senses torque being applied from both pedals
- 12 pole cadence sensora
Digital Read Out Display
- We use one of the most versatile and advanced dash board monitors to give feedback and adjustability
- Watt gauge, voltage status, MPH/KPH, trip odometer, bike odometer, wattage output (rider/motor), throttle position, brake lock indicator, speed limiting cutoff and much more
Three-Position Power Setting
- Handlebar mounted three position switch that toggles between three pre-programmed power settings – low, medium and high
E-Brake Cut Off
- Both front and rear brake levers cut power to motor when squeezed
- E-assist is standard programming where motor output is determined by rider pedal input (light pedaling gives low motor output, heavy pedaling produces higher motor output to match demand)
- Optional ambidextrous thumb throttle
- Motor is linked to the rear differential via heavy duty1/2” pitch bikechain with 14 tooth free wheel sprocket on motor to a 36 tooth stainless steel rear differential sprocket
- No E-power is run through the pedal drive system, so no concerns of premature pedal drive train failure